Before applying for a new connection, you must have the following details to hand:
- your name, correspondence address and contact details
- site address and postcode, including alternative site contact details, if any
- site location plan identifying the properties requiring a connection
- site layout plan (normally obtained from builder or architect) showing preferred point for cable entry and meter location(s)
- heating type i.e. oil, ground source, heat pump etc.
- electrical load details i.e. type of electric heating, motors and welding equipment
- group metering – internal layout plan showing all metering positions. If the metering has communal set up, separate access is needed for all tenants 24 hours a day
- any other information that you consider to be relevant to allow an accurate quotation to be issued.
Your connection may need land consents and although these are not required to apply, we would recommend investigating these as early as possible to avoid delays later on.