To benefit from the services it is essential you keep your contact details up to date so we can stay in touch.
Password scheme - you can register a unique password so if we ever need to visit you at home you feel safe knowing we are who we say we are.
Communication - if we have your details, we will proactively contact you regarding a power cut. Power cuts can be planned or unplanned and as a priority customer we will:
- prioritise your call straight through to a dedicated team member
- keep you up to date with text messages and phone calls to let you know when we expect your power to come back on
- if it's planned maintenance works we will make contact with you six days before and send you a reminder one day before the expected power cut to help you prepare.
Nominated contact - you can also nominate up to six friends, carers or family members to receive updates on your behalf or in addition to you. If you live on your own this can provide reassurance to friends or family or let them know you need assistance.
Welfare - if our power cuts last all day we may provide additional welfare support such as:
- hot food and drinks
- analogue telephones
- glow in the dark torches
- small generators
- alternative accomodation.
Dedicated welfare team - we have a team of customer service experts who have been trained to deal with sensitive situations and ensure we can support our customers who need that little bit of extra support whether this is over the phone or face to face.
We work with our partners to offer extra support to our customers such as:
- Air Liquide UK - who provides backup cylinders for anyone that is oxygen dependent
- National Energy Action - for information on how to keep your fuel costs down and keep your home warm
- MIND - to provide support for customers with mental health concerns.
For more information about the individual support for different circumstances visit our support pages.