Apply for funding
We are delighted to announce this year’s Powering our Communities Fund winners. We have awarded £83,054 to six projects which have all demonstrated widespread community engagement alongside activity which will deliver or have the potential to deliver carbon savings.
Bringing the combined total close to 500K since the inception of the Powering our Communities Fund
The 2023 funding has been awarded to;
- Brookfield Spaceplace, Retrofit+: This project will develop new energy cooperative which will help householders make their homes more energy efficient. Based on the Brookfield Estate in Preston the Cooperative will support householders in their local area as well as providing opportunities for local people to develop new skills.
- Cleator Moor Celtic FC, Greener Than Green: Scoring Sustainability Goals in Our Community: This project will install PV solar panels and EV charging points and use them to inspire action in the wider business.
- The PROSPECTS Foundation, Sustainably Warm Communities: The project will help community organisations in Hyndburn, Lancashire to reduce their carbon emissions and energy bills.
- Community Energy Preston, Phase 1 Feasibility: This project will complete feasibility studies on third party sites to seed the development of approx. 1 MW of community owned solar.
- South Lakeland Action on Climate Change, The Eddington - Electrify Everything:The objective of this project is to deliver on the findings of the Kendal Climate Jury which recommended a hub to demonstrate resilience and innovation in the face of climate crisis.
- Deaf Rhinos, Empowering Deaf Communities in the Energy Transition: This project aims to empower and engage individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing in the transition to a low carbon future.