Leading the North West to zero carbon
As the region’s network operator, it’s our responsibility to lead the way in this transformation. Through investment and innovation in energy infrastructure, we will help the North West to decarbonise and pave the way for the growth of renewable energy.
Our plan, Leading the North West to zero carbon, sets out how we are investing £63.5 million over the next four years, to drive down our own carbon emissions and help businesses, our customers and our colleagues to do the same:
- We have committed to a carbon budget to meet zero carbon by 2038 for our own carbon emissions which will see 10% year on year decrease in emissions
- We have become the first carbon literate distribution network operator in Great Britain
- We are developing a new losses strategy which will set out how carbon emissions from network losses can be reduced as far as practicably possible by 2038
- We are developing a new programme of initiatives to support carbon reduction activity in our communities
- We are enabling our customers to connect low carbon technologies to our network and ensuring we are facilitating the transition to a low carbon economy.