Priority services register
We understand that many of our customers have individual needs and being without power, during an unexpected or planned power cut, can be extremely difficult.
Our Prioirity Services Register caters for our customers who may need extra support during a power cut. If you sign up to our register, we will be aware of your individual circumstances and we can make sure that you get the right help and support that you need in the event of a power cut.
What do we offer?
We have a range of different welfare options, which are tailored to our priority customers needs.
If we are aware of a power cut in your area, we will identify you as a prioirty customer and offer the extra support you require, so that you are safe and comfortable in your own home.
Welfare services available for priority customers:
- Home visits - We have a number of 'customer champions' who work across the North West, who can provide home visits and offer help and advice at any stage.
- Welfare packs - Our welfare packs are made up of items which can help you cope without power, such as blankets, hot flasks, analogue telephones, glow in the dark torches and more.
- Regular communication - If your power goes off, we will keep you up to date with our progress via your preferred method of contact and let you know when we expect to restore your power.
- Nominated contact - You can also nominate a friend or family member to receive updates on your behalf or in addition to you.
- Generation - If you rely on electricity for medical equipment, we will (where available) be able to provide back up generation for you.
- Oxygen backup - We have a partnership with Air Liquide UK, who provide back up cylinders for anyone that is oxegen dependant.
- British Red Cross - We have a strong partnership in place with the British Red Cross who can help with welfare service provision including hot drinks or just a friendly voice on the phone.
Sign up to our Priority Services Register
You can fill in our online application form or if you would prefer to contact us by phone to talk you through your application, you can call us 24/7 on 0800 195 4141.
Alternatively, you can download an application form (PDF version), fill it in and post it to us at Electricity North West, PO Box 218, Warrington, WA3 6XG
Other Priority Service Registers
Did you know that United Utilities, who look after your water, also have a Priority Services Register. To find out more about their welfare options and to sign up to the United Utilities register click here.