Control, Operation and Maintenance
At Electricity North West we are experts in dealing with high voltage equipment and will tailor our service to your particular system.
Under the cover of a Control, Operation and Maintenance Agreement, we will “adopt” your high voltage plant and equipment and treat it as an integral part of our own high voltage network. This will ensure your compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and all other associated legislation.
We will manage and maintain your high voltage electrical system in line with all the necessary safety assurances you need, leaving you free to concentrate on your core business.
Control and Operation
- Robust and proven safe systems of work based on national standards.
- Provide substations with nameplates and danger notices, and fit locks to switchgear and transformers.
- Safe and secure access to your equipment, limited to authorised personnel only.
- Senior authorised engineers available to undertake all operations and switching in accordance with Electricity North West Codes of Practice and National Distribution Safety Rules.
High Voltage Maintenance
- Inspect and clean the substation compound, meticulously check all equipment and report our findings.
- Test oil samples taken from each transformer to check for any deterioration within the unit.
- Associated battery and ancillary equipment also receives our full attention.
- Switchgear maintenance, including testing protective devices for correct operation, at specified intervals.
Faults and Repairs
- Designated distribution network control centre with experienced and highly trained local emergency standby engineers available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Vast resources immediately available to carry out repairs in the event of a fault or breakdown
- Strict compliance with all current Health and Safety legislation
If you would like some further guidance on our services, feel free to download our guidance notes below: