If you would like to apply for a service alteration, we will usually issue a quote within 5 working days. If a site visit is required due to additional information or greater load requirements, this will be extended to 15 working days.
Following a site visit, we will inform you about the work that needs to be done and will provide you with a quote, which is valid for 180 days.
To get a quotation, you must provide us with the following details:
- Your name, correspondence address and other contact details. Site address and postcode, if different.
- A layout plan showing the location of the equipment which needs to be moved, as well as proposed new locations.
- Any other site specific information that you consider to be relevant to allow us to provide an accurate quotation.
As we will be excavating in your property, it is vital that you provide extensive information on your layout plan i.e. stating areas where there is decking.
We will send you a quotation guidance pack which will provide you with all the details you require for completing your connection. For step by step guidance for obtaining a quotation, please see ‘How to Apply’
How to apply
1. You can apply online now or you can follow the steps below.
2. Download the electricity connection application form and save to your desktop, complete and email to us. Alternatively you can post to Energy Solutions, Electricity North West, Frederick Road, Salford, M6 6QH
3. Once you have applied for a connection, we will process your application and make sure all the information we have received is complete.
4. Our planners will contact you to discuss your requirements and provide you with a quote, which is valid for 180 days.
5. You will receive a quotation guidance pack with details about how to complete your connection.
6. To progress, you will need to accept your quotation and make payment. (Via cheque or BACs)
7. Along with your acceptance, you must provide details of your electricity supplier (See ‘Who is my supplier) and a letter of authority if the cheque being paid is not the name of the original applicant.
Please note: An incomplete acceptance will mean that your cheque is not processed and may cause delays to your alteration.
For guidance on filling in a service alteration form see here
Planning & dates
Once your acceptance has been processed our delivery team will make contact to organise a site visit with you. Typically we would need you to carry out some preparation work on your site prior to our arrival.
Your quotation will be based on all the excavation being carried out by Electricity North West, unless you have clearly stated this is not to be the case.
It is recommended you do not carry out any work on site until you have discussed the installation with our surveyor. If you are excavating within your property please click here for guidance.
All internal works will need to be carried out by your qualified electrician and your electrician may need to be present to reconnect your equipment in order for your supply to be restored. We will advise you if this is required at the time. Your electricity supplier (See 'Who is my supplier') will also need to coordinate your meter move.
Our team will carry out all works in accordance with Electricity North West health and safety policies and they will have full work instructions. Unfortunately they cannot carry out a service alteration if they find:
- No service entry hole (if internal meter)
- No duct installed if required
- Incorrect depth of ducting
- Scaffolding or other obstructions in the way
- An external meter box is not fixed to an external wall
- The meter position is located beneath or adjacent to water areas such as a sink.
We will complete your service alteration as per your quotation. This will include all excavation and permanent reinstatement within the public highway.
Once your work has been completed, we will return within 5 working days to backfill and reinstate the existing surface.
Electricity North West does not supply electricity, and therefore we do not install meters. However, as part of your service alteration, we will reposition the existing meter if required, and install an isolation switch.
The wiring between the isolation switch and consumer unit is your own private wiring, and you are responsible to make any necessary alterations required. You will need to arrange with an electrician to attend on the same day the service alteration takes place to carry out any alterations to private wiring, otherwise you will be left without a live supply.
Guaranteed standards of performance We aim to provide an efficient service and value for money for all of our customers, in line with the Guaranteed Standards of Performance, as set by our regulator Ofgem.
For anyone applying for a service alteration, please read our Guaranteed Standards of Performance (Notice of rights) for more detailed information.
|Category ||Timescales ||Penalty |
|Quotation produced ||15 working days ||£15 |
|Follow up call ||7 working days ||£15 |
|Connection date ||As agreed ||£25 |
Quotation accuracy scheme (small demand)
|As agreed ||£500 one off payment |
|Late payment ||10 working days ||£50 one off payment |