Before applying for a new connection, you must provide us with the following details:
- Your name, correspondence address and contact details
- The site address and postcode, including alternative site contact details, if any.
- A site location plan identifying the properties requiring a connection
- Site layout plan (obtained from builder or architect) with preferred point for cable entry meter location(s)
- Any other information that you consider to be relevant to allow an accurate quotation
Based on the information you provide, we will send you a quotation for the lowest design cost option within 5-15 working days (See 'Guaranteed Standards')
Please note: We may need to obtain wayleave consent for your new connection. For legal consent and guidance notes click here
How to apply
1. You can apply online now or you can follow the steps below.
2. Download the electricity connection application form and save to your desktop, complete and email to us. Alternatively you can post to Energy Solutions, Electricity North West, Frederick Road, Salford, M6 6QH
3. Once you have applied for a connection, we will process your application and make sure all the information we have received is complete.
4. Our planners will contact you to discuss your requirements and provide you with a quote, which is valid for 180 days.
5. You will receive a quotation guidance pack with details about how to complete your connection.
6. To progress, you will need to accept your quotation and make payment. (Via cheque or BACs)
For guidance on filling in a connections application form, please see here
Planning & dates
Once you have accepted our quotation and made a payment (via cheque or BACs) to us, we will contact you to acknowledge payment. If needed, we will also arrange a site visit to offer you additional support and advice.
We will also contact you within 7 days of payment to confirm whether your site is ready for the connection. You will then receive a follow-up call to provide you with a planned start date for the work.
We aim to provide your connection within 25 workings days from the date your site is ready.
Please note: If the person dealing with the connection request, is not the site contact, please inform us as soon as possible and provide the correct contact information, in order to prevent any delays.
Once all of the planning is complete, our delivery team will arrive on the agreed date to commence site works.
Prior to our arrival, you will need to install an external meter box (Refer to page 5) and all ducting yourself. However, we can help you with this by providing a materials pack at our pre-site visit, if required, at minimal extra cost.
The delivery team will carry out all work in accordance with Electricity North West health and safety policies. Unfortunately, the team cannot carry out the work if they find:
- Black ducting installed
- Incorrect depth of ducting
- Scaffolding or other obstructions in the way
We will complete your connection as per your quotation. This will include all excavation and permanent reinstatement within the public highway, where applicable.
Once your work has been completed, we will return within 5 working days to backfill and reinstate the existing surface.
For further guidance on connecting a supply up to 60kVA onto our network, take a look at our drawings below:
Typical internal 3 phase service ≤ 60 kVA
Outdoor cubicle ≤ 60 kVA
Single phase service arrangement
Electricity North West does not supply electricity and therefore we do not install meters. To arrange a meter installation, following the installation of the service by Electricity North West, you will need to choose a supplier. All billing issues associated with your meter will be dealt with by your new supplier. For help on finding a new supplier, see here.
We will issue you with an MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) within 48 hours of your quotation acceptance, following receipt of the council approved postal address. This will enable you to arrange a meter installation with your chosen supplier. This normally takes 10 working days to arrange with your supplier.
Guaranteed standards of performance
We aim to provide an efficient service and value for money for all of our customers, in line with the Guaranteed Standards of Performance, as set by our regulator Ofgem.
|Category ||Timescales ||Penalty |
|Quotation produced || |
5 working days - For 1 property with 1 phase and no mains
15 working days - All other property types in this category
|Follow up call ||7 working days || £15 |
|Connection date ||As agreed || £25 |
|Quotation accuracy scheme ||N/A || £335 |
|Late payment ||10 working days || £65 |
For anyone applying for a new connection for 1-4 properites or single connections of up to 60kVA, please read our Guaranteed Standards of Performance (Notice of Rights) for more detailed information.