Before applying for a new connection, you must provide us with the following details:
- Your name, correspondence address and contact details
- The site address and postcode, including alternative site contact details, if any.
- A site location plan identifying the properties requiring a connection
- A site layout plan (normally obtained from builder or architect) showing preferred
point for cable entry and meter location(s)
- Heating Type i.e. oil, ground source, heat pump etc
- Electrical load details i.e. type of electric heating, motors and welding equipment
- Group Metering – Internal Layout Plan showing all metering positions. If the metering has communal set up, separate access is needed for all tenants 24 hours a day
- Any other information that you consider to be relevant to allow an accurate quotation
to be issued
Based on the information you provide, we will send you a quotation for the lowest design cost option within 25 working days (See 'Guaranteed Standards') However, if you need a quick a budget estimate we can provide this within 10 working days. (Specify ‘budget required’ on application form)
Please note: We may need to obtain wayleave consent for your new connection. For legal consent and guidance notes click here. Please see further Ts&Cs here.
How to apply
1. You can apply online now or you can follow the steps below.
2. Download the electricity connection application form and save to your desktop, complete and email to us. Alternatively you can post to Energy Solutions, Electricity North West, Frederick Road, Salford, M6 6QH
3. Once you have applied for a connection, we will process your application and make sure all the information we have received is complete.
4. Our planners will contact you to discuss your requirements and provide you with a quote, which is valid for 180 days.
5. You will receive a quotation guidance pack with details about how to complete your connection.
6. To progress, you will need to accept your quotation and make payment. (Via cheque or BACs)
For guidance on filling in a connections application form, please see here
Planning & dates
Once you have accepted our quotation and made a payment (via cheque or BACs) to us, we will contact you to acknowledge payment. If needed, we will also arrange a site visit to offer you additional support and advice.
We will also contact you within 7 days of payment to confirm whether your site is ready for the connection. We will contact you in a further 10 days to provide you with a start date or let you know that your site is not ready.
We aim to provide your connection within 35 workings days from the date your site is ready.
Please be aware that if we need to lay a cable in private or unadopted land, we require a consent of the landowner before we can begin work. This may delay your connection work. For more information see here.
Please note: If the person dealing with the connection request, is not the site contact, please inform us as soon as possible and provide the correct contact information, in order to prevent any delays.
Once all of the planning is complete, our delivery team will arrive on the agreed date to commence site works.
Prior to our arrival, you will need to provide sufficient space for a meter board in a suitable position. Our planner will discuss your options with you at quotation stage.
The delivery team will carry out all work in accordance with Electricity North West health and safety policies. Unfortunately, the team cannot carry out the work if they find:
- Black ducting installed
- Incorrect depth of ducting
- Scaffolding or other obstructions in the way
We will complete your connection as per your quotation. This will include all excavation and permanent reinstatement within the public highway, where applicable.
Once your work has been completed, we will return within 5 working days to backfill and reinstate the existing surface.
For further guidance on connecting a 60-300kVA supply take a look at our drawings below:
Electricity North West does not supply electricity and therefore we do not install meters, so you will need to arrange for your supplier to install a meter following the installation of the service by Electricity North West.
All billing issues associated with your meter will be dealt with by your supplier.
We will issue you with an MPAN (Meter Point Administration Number) within 48 hours of your quotation acceptance, following receipt of the council approved postal address. This will enable you to arrange a meter installation with your chosen supplier. This normally takes 10 working days to arrange with your supplier.
For more information on metering, see our metering leaflet here.
Guaranteed standards of performance
We aim to provide an efficient service and value for money for all of our customers, in line with the Guaranteed Standards of Performance, as set by our regulator Ofgem.
|Low voltage work ||High voltage work |
|Timescales ||Cost ||Timescales ||Cost |
|Quotation produced ||25 working days ||£65 ||35 working days ||£135 |
|Follow up call ||7 working days ||£65 ||10 working days ||£135 |
|Start date ||As agreed ||£25 ||As agreed ||£25 |
|Completion date ||As agreed ||£135 ||As agreed ||£200 |
|Energisation date ||As agreed ||£135 ||As agreed ||£200 |
|Late payment ||10 working days ||£65 ||10 working days ||£65 |
For anyone applying for new connection for 5 or more properites or single connections of 60kVA - 300kVA, please read our Guranteed Standards of Performance (Notice of rights) for more detailed information.